Thursday, January 7, 2010

To My Daughter

From the first time I felt you stir within me

I knew what I was feeling was more than butterflies.

You were a creation so pure and lovely.

I was emotional; I asked myself one thing;

How was I going to fill this challenging divine roll?

Oh but what sweet blessings you would bring!

I was awed at the miracle growing within;

Another evidence of the existence of Heavenly Father.

What awesome adventures were soon to begin!

With every waking moment I felt a love

And it grew for you with every passing day.

Only love like this is created up above.

The long awaited day you would arrive

Finally arose and before long you entered this world.

Hearing your cries my spirit came alive.

I love God and your father so dear and sweet.

But never have I felt a love so strong and pure

As I did seeing your oh so tiny hands and feet.

Now watching you sleep so still and peaceful

In the warm, assuring security of my arms,

I marvel how you make my life feel so full.

And it has become clear to me there is no other

The Lord would give charge to protect thee

Then I, your eternal friend, guardian, and mother.

1 comment:

  1. Leandra, this made me cry. What a tender mom you are and your emotions pour out so openly on the printed page! You have a writing gift, that is for sure. I am so happy to have had a part in seeing you in the family you deserve. I have no doubt that you will spend a lifetime helping others with strength and wisdom forged in the hot fires of adversity.

    ReplyDelete


We love our sweet little spirits! It feels like heaven everyday with them in our home!

Just gas? I don't think so... just happiness! <3

Blue Eyes... you have us wrapped around your finger!

My little man doing what he does best...being a stud

Our darling Abby... always has a smile on her face!