Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Obdience Brings Blessings

So, upon reading my blog entries lately I've decided that maybe I shouldn't discuss my monthly visitor. I promise from here on out to leave out that unpleasant detail.

Today was a very inspiring day for me. I kept thinking about all the wonderful blessings I have in my life and how even the smallest of gifts have made me a better person.

For instance; my anniversary was on December 30th. My husband and I had reached the limit on our budget and couldn't afford to do anything for our anniversary. We said that it didn't bother us and that we would do just fine creating our own night out, right at home.

We had received a used grill from Mom Cindy's best friend during their move. Jon's dad gave us steaks and gas for it on Christmas and Jon was going to cook the steaks for our dinner. Well he couldn't get the grill to light up for the life of him!!!! And he became a little disgruntled. That was the start of a very frustrating day.

It seemed every little thing bothered us!!!! We were constantly at each other's throats all day. We couldn't think of what to do for our one year anniversary and it was driving us crazy. Jon was more disappointed that he couldn't afford to get me anything nice or take me out to a fancy dinner. I could tell he was really bothered by it because of his mood.

I am not one to stay angry for long and I especially hate to fight. So by 6:00 pm I had put all ill feelings out of my mind and tried to focus on the positive of the day. After I seemed to relax so did Jonathan. Well around 6:30 we were going to go walk around the Mall for our anniversary date. I said something that Jon didn't like and we got into a little argument again. I ignored his comments and went to check the mail. Inside was a letter from Verizon Wireless (our carrier). It was a check for our security deposit refund. With it we decided to go to Golden Corral.

When we got there I had Jon go get his food first so I could watch Abigail. He came back with a salad and some fruit. SALAD AND FRUIT?!!!! I couldn't believe it. We come to a buffet and the first thing he gets is salad. This isn't England Honey!!!! It's America we head for the beef first!!!

After giving Jon a hard time I went and got a nice thick juicy steak that was cooked to perfection!!!! Biting into it I tasted a small piece of heaven!!!! I made Jon taste it. After his salad he chose to go get a steak. :D

As he cut into his meaty treat I could tell something was wrong. He pulled his fork up and wrapped around the steak was a long, gross black hair!!!! At this point we also realized that we had been there about twenty minutes and our waitress never came to refill our drinks and remove any unwanted plates. We waited for her return to complain about the hair but she never showed up. We had been there for thirty-five minutes without being waited on. We had old plates and a hair steak. Finally after what seemed a decade our waitress came...but not to help us. She just walked around wiping down tables.

She came behind our table and Jon turned and asked for the manager. I surprised at how chipper her voice was. The manager arrived shortly after and Jon started to tell her but before he could she said, "Don't worry, I see the problem." She took our card and refunded us the WHOLE meal!!!! And on top of that she gave us free meal tickets for another time!!!! Talk about an awesome anniversary gift!!!!

I couldn't help but thank Heavenly Father for that wonderful night!!!! Some people would say that it was Karma or just plain luck. But I think that the Lord loves his children and when we follow his plan he tries to bless us even in the smallest of ways.

1 comment:

  1. i never thought getting a hair in your food could be so Romantic and rewarding! haha I am so happy that things worked out and now you have a fun new memory oh and I definately think you are right for seeing the lords hands in your Anniversary adventure!! have a great day!

    ps your blog looks super cute!!

    ReplyDelete


We love our sweet little spirits! It feels like heaven everyday with them in our home!

Just gas? I don't think so... just happiness! <3

Blue Eyes... you have us wrapped around your finger!

My little man doing what he does best...being a stud

Our darling Abby... always has a smile on her face!