Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Late Nights

January 5th, 2010

Abigail started her day at 1:00 am today. I was already awake because I had just fed her an hour before hand and was watching Seinfeld. I sent my hubby to bed around 1:00 am too. He had work this morning from 6:00 am-2:00 pm. Abigail ate her food but insisted on staying awake for another four hours!!!!!!!!!! As I said before she is not a crying or fussy baby. She's very pleasant to have around. But I was EXHAUSTED!!!!!!! In between feedings I'd hold her close and she start to whimper so I laid her in her boppy and she would just relax and look around the room. The only light in the room was coming from the laptop. I had it on listening to soft music on Pandora.

I started to get really hungry and couldn't find anything I could easily make and that was quiet to prepare. So I got out the cheesecake platter from my refrigerator and took prey on the delicious chocolate dish. I forgot I was on my period. I get very sick when my little visitor comes along. I cannot eat sweets, drink pop or even stomach popcorn!!!! It make my stomach churn and gives me unpleasant gas. So from 2:00 am until 5:00 am I kept making false runs to the bathroom and spent what time I wasn't feeding Abby curled on my little love seat. Around 4:00 I finally got her to go to sleep!!!! I went to stand up and she her eyes shot open and she began to fuss a little. So I made her yet another bottle with that nasty, obnoxious formula (obviously always out to get me), and cried.

I cried through the whole feeding!!!! I begged her to fall asleep after she finished. When she was done she just stared at me, with a still look on her face. I couldn't help but notice that she seemed genuinely concerned her mom was crying. I sat her up and burped her and held her close to my chest as I cried. Oh how I wanted to go upstairs and sleep!!!! I kept wondering what happened to that sweet baby who slept through night?!!!! It wasn't long before I heard a soft tender sigh come from her little mouth. I looked down and alas!!! She was asleep!!!!

I waited a minute before I carried her to her bassinet. I cried the whole way up the stairs, except these were tears of Joy!!!!! As I laid down to sleep she woke up. My tears turned to tears of desperation!!! I tried several times to wake up my husband to take over but all attempts failed. He was out like a light!!!!! She finally fell asleep at 4:30 am. I laid her down and woke up my husband. He actually woke up this time. I think he was alarmed to see me crying so hard and I asked him to hold me. His arms pulled me close and then instantly went limp almost on cue with his loud snoring. I finally fell asleep too, after smacking him a couple times to temporarily stop his nose from growling at me.

At 5:00 am I was awaken by Abigail once again. This time Jon tried to feed her but she wouldn't take the bottle. So I ended up feeding her and found myself crying once again as my dear hubby snored away and little Abby ate.

When she finished I burped her and decided that she could sleep with me. I wrapped her tight and cradled her in my arms and sang "Mary's Lullaby" to her. With tears of exhaustion still streaming down my face I looked down at her and was greeted by the radiance of her smile. All at once I didn't feel so tired and my tears once again became tears of joy and love. She closed her eyes drifted off to sleep as another smile seemed to light up the whole room. Oh how I love these late nights! <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment


We love our sweet little spirits! It feels like heaven everyday with them in our home!

Just gas? I don't think so... just happiness! <3

Blue Eyes... you have us wrapped around your finger!

My little man doing what he does best...being a stud

Our darling Abby... always has a smile on her face!