Thursday, November 10, 2011

"shakin' what my mama gave me"

Some of my fondest memories growing up always include my mom's beautiful smile as she excitedly introduces one of her "specialties"  And one of those things is her strawberry banana shake. Milk, strawberries, banana's and NO SUGAR! When she first blended one up for me I was hesitant..how can this taste good WITHOUT THE BEST INGREDIENT! It was sheer madness... But oh...my...goodness!!! Did I ever love those shakes!!!! 
And now I share that with my family.  My kids LOVE them, I love them and they are a great healthy snack the whole family can enjoy.  Occasionally we throw in peaches for extra flava ;) Here are some fun ways to make them even more delectable!

Use dessert/martini glasses and put chocolate around the brim with chunks of chocolate covered strawberries on top.

Use wax paper to cover the bottom end of a straw, poke a small whole and fill the straw with chocolate, caramel whatever your fancy and blow into the straw to add some extra sweetness! 

My favorite treat is cutting up frozen strawberries into little chunks, some peaches, and putting them in a bowl of Almond milk! It's a sweet dessert or breakfast, with no sugars or fats! 

For a sweeter holiday dessert, put 3tbl spoons of chocolate pudding into a dessert glass, add chunks of chilled strawberries and bananas, add another tablespoon or so of pudding, sprinkle with almonds, and add whipped cream.  For a feel of Christmas dress with strawberry glaze and a mint leaf, and tie a festive ribbon around the base! 

Well that's it for today! I will make the above ^ for dessert tomorrow and will post pictures! I love shakin' what my mama gave me, and am grateful to her for her constant excitement in sharing the things she loves!

xoxoxo Mrs Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment


We love our sweet little spirits! It feels like heaven everyday with them in our home!

Just gas? I don't think so... just happiness! <3

Blue Eyes... you have us wrapped around your finger!

My little man doing what he does best...being a stud

Our darling Abby... always has a smile on her face!